Tuesday, October 25, 2011

College Fashionista Feature!!!


Name: Lucy Angel
Year: SophomoreMajor: Textile and Apparel Design/Entrepreneurship
Favorite Designer: A mix of Lanvin, Valentino and Jason Wu
One fashion item that you can’t leave the house without? Earrings

How did you find out about College Fashionista and how did you get involved and became a writer/Style Guru?
Sammy, who is the Head Style Guru for CollegeFashionista here at UW, always mentioned to it in our Fashion Show Planning class. I remember checking out the website and then going to their event at BOP. It was something I was really interested in being a part of so I went ahead and contacted Amy Levin, the founder of CF and we went from there.

How long have you been a writer/Style Guru for CF?
I’m still a newbie! I just started writing for the site this semester.

What do you love about being a writer/Style Guru for CF?
There are so many things I love about CF. For starters; it’s really awesome to be connected with Style Gurus all over the country and world. With over 150 campuses on CF, you really get to see the fashion that’s going on everywhere. I also love being on the lookout for Fashionistas/os on campus. There are so many people here who have a great sense of style so it’s nice to show them off in our posts.

What do you usually write about, women’s wear, men’s wear, hair, make-up, accessories? Do you have a specific focus?
We all have different days and topics assigned to us. My articles go out on Thursdays and are in the ‘All About Beauty’ section. My focus is still on catching awesome outfits and looks but that also have that beauty element whether it be awesome make-up, nails, hair and so forth.

What do you do to keep yourself updated with current fashion that helps with your writing for CF? Read magazines, blogs, fashion websites? What are your favorites? (examples Style.com, Marie Claire magazine, New York Times style section).
The Sartorialist is one of my favorite blogs. He does something so similar to what CF does. He photographs street fashions from wherever he is so that definitely keeps me updated. I also am obsessed with looking at the current season’s runway shows on Style.com.

You cover an array of street style at UW Madison, do other people’s style influence and make your personal evolve? What is your personal style?
My personal style is definitely what it is because of street style. I take bits and pieces that I like from people and add my own personal twist to it. My style is simple. I’m very inspired by vintage looks so I get a lot of my clothes from vintage and thrift stores. My color palette is very neutral with random, crazy, colorful prints in between. Blazers are hands down my favorite article of clothing and I throw one on to complete any outfit.

If any of our TASA readers wanted to become a CF Style Guru, how can they become one?
Go to our website, www.CollegeFashionista.com, and click on the link at the top that says “Become a Style Guru”. Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment