Friday, October 28, 2011

College Fashionista Feature!!!


Name: Jamey Hastings
Year: Junior
Major: Communication Arts & International Studies
Favorite Designer: Jeffery Campbell
One fashion item that you can’t leave the house without?
My classic black Ray-Bans


How did you find out about College Fashionista and how did you get involved and became a writer/Style Guru?
Freshman year I saw a girl taking pictures of people dressed cute and I asked her about it. My friend at Boston University does it and this summer I asked her about whom to contact about becoming one.

How long have you been a writer/Style Guru for CF?
This is my first semester.

What do you love about being a writer/Style Guru for CF?
Having an excuse to talk about fashion with strangers!

What do you usually write about, women’s wear, men’s wear, hair, make-up, accessories? Do you have a specific focus?
The section I write for is “Fashionista/Fashionisto Spotlight” and I conduct an interview with people I find dressed fashionable around campus.

What do you do to keep yourself updated with current fashion that helps you aid with your writing for CF? Read magazines, blogs, fashion websites? What are your favorites? (examples Style.com, Marie Claire magazine, New York Times style section).
I’m an avid reader of NYLON Magazine. It’s a good combination of high fashion and street style, which is what I love. I’m also addicted to fashion blogs. Like, really addicted… My favorite includes Cupcakes and Cashmere, Lookbook.nu, The Blonde Salad, Fashionary EYE, and refinery29 Los Angeles section.

You cover an array of street style at UW Madison, do other people’s style influence and make your personal evolve? What is your personal style?
Other people’s style in Madison definitely influence my style. Not only do people dress very individually but also people who attend the University of Wisconsin are from all over the nation so you get a good varied of style from different parts of the country. The best way to describe my personal style is how I stated it in my Style Guru Bio on the site: “LF Stores had a lovechild with the Pacific Ocean and put on a pair of Jeffery Campbell shoes… Trendy with a beachy laid-back feel.”

If any of our TASA readers wanted to become a CF Style Guru, how can they become one?
If you go to the website there is in big orange writing in the right corner that says, “Become a Style Guru!” That’s probably a good place to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment