Saturday, October 29, 2011

College Fashionista Feature!!!


Name: Megan Mansell
Year: Junior
Major: Retail
Favorite Designer: Alexander wang
One fashion item that you can’t leave the house without? Oversized watch!
How did you find out about College Fashionista and how did you get involved and became a writer/Style Guru? 
I was a part of the fashion show my freshman year and we advertised the show on CF’s website…I started reading the blog and fell in love…I knew it was something I wanted to be a part of.

How long have you been a writer/Style Guru for CF?
This is my second semester
 
What do you love about being a writer/Style Guru for CF?
I think one of the most amazing parts is that it has opened my eyes to a world of fashion I never really saw. I catch myself up downing every student I walk by and I realize how much fashion shows somebody’s passions and creativity. I never really looked beyond the fabulous fashions of New York, Paris, Milan…but I have been so pleasantly surprised with what my fellow badgers have to offer in terms of uniqueness! 

What do you usually write about, women’s wear, men’s wear, hair, make-up, accessories? Do you have a specific focus?
Men’s wear is my focus this semester. This has been a total challenge for me because I am so particular when it comes to mens fashion. I am stubborn about what I love and what I hate.

What do you do to keep yourself updated with current fashion that helps you aid with your writing for CF? Read magazines, blogs, fashion websites? What are your favorites? (examples Style.com, Marie Claire magazine, New York Times style section).
Love style.com…I also work at a clothing store (Twigs) and being there has opened my eye to so many different fashions in so many different age groups. It has totally enhanced my ability to pick out trends ahead of the curve. I also do my own blogging and have inspiration boards at home…anytime I see something I love I take a picture…cut out a page, whatever it be to keep myself inspired.

You cover an array of street style at UW Madison, do other people’s style influence and make your personal evolve? What is your personal style?
In all honesty I have never been a big believer in being influenced by other peoples fashions. I grew up in a house of five girls where not one of us had similar styles…so I’ve always kind of tried to be the opposite of influenced by street style or the style of my peers.

My personal style is all over the place. One day I’m sport chic with high tops leggings and a v-neck and the next I’m wearing a girly dress and boots. My personal style reflects my mood…and that changes constantly!

If any of our TASA readers wanted to become a CF Style Guru, how can they become one?
One way to do it is to contact a current style guru and just meet up to talk about what the internship entails etc. another way is to get in touch with our founder, Amy Levin, who is always open to new members of the team! And as always…visit our website!


No comments:

Post a Comment